Michael Buble ‘pulls out of hosting Brit Awards’ amid son Noah’s heartbreaking cancer battle

The singer is going through a difficult time

Michael Buble on the red carpet of the Rome Film Festival 2016, 14 October 2016

Michael Buble has reportedly pulled out of hosting the upcoming Brit Awards ceremony amid his son’s ongoing cancer battle.

The singer wants to focus on helping three-year-old Noah to get better and so has told the show’s bosses that he won’t be doing the job anymore.

READ MORE CELEB NEWS

Michael Buble reveals 3-year-old son has been diagnosed with cancer

‘It was a difficult call but Michael has decided to pull out of hosting the Brit Awards,’ a source says.

‘Out of respect for Michael the producers gave him as much time as he needed to make the decision, which they completely understood.

‘He would have put a unique stamp on the night so it’s a real shame, but at the moment his priority is his family.’

It comes after Michael, 41, and wife Luisana Lopilato heartbreakingly revealed in November that eldest son Noah had been diagnosed with the illness.

‘Luisana and I have put our careers on hold in order to devote all our time and attention to helping Noah get well,’ a statement from the couple read.

‘At this difficult time, we ask only for your prayers and respect for our privacy. We have a long journey in front of us and hope that with the support of family, friends and fans around the world, we will win this battle, God willing.’

They both immediately dropped any work commitments to support the youngster, who is thought to be undergoing four months of chemotherapy in his fight against liver cancer.

Michael and Argentine model Luisana, 29, are also parents to son Elias who turns one on Sunday.

Meanwhile Brit Awards organisers are looking to get a replacement presenter lined up ready for the ceremony at London’s O2 Arena on 22 February.

‘They are exploring other options now about who will take his place,’ a source tells The Sun. ‘And a number of people have thrown their hat in the ring.

‘No matter who they pick it will be an incredible night.’

Emma Willis – who hosted the Nominations Launch Party last weekend – has been linked to the role but it’s not yet clear who will take the reigns.

A source has told The Mirror: ‘It’s too early to confirm who will step in.’

Ant and Dec fronted the do in 2015 and 2016, though said that last year’s ceremony would be their last.

The post Michael Buble ‘pulls out of hosting Brit Awards’ amid son Noah’s heartbreaking cancer battle appeared first on CelebsNow.